PALLIATIVE CONSULTANT PERTH
When is palliative care Appropriate?
- Palliative care is an integrated care offered to a patient with a progressive disease when it is recognised that illness can no longer be cured.
- The goal of palliative care is to provide support for patients with life-threatening illnesses in their fight to live as long and happy as they can, but it also offers comfort when death seems inevitable or imminent. The goal is not just about prolonging one's life - it is about enhancing the quality of life of your loved one and achieving the best possible care with dignity and comfort over the course of the illness.
- Palliative care is an important consideration for families of the elderly and should be considered before their needs become unmanageable.
Choosing the right palliative care provider in perth
- Providing answers to all your questions about palliative care. We understand that families and patients often have many questions about palliative care so you can better understand what to expect when choosing this type of care.
- Provide resources, referrals and information about palliative care options in Perth.
- Assess and identify needs to fully understand and support the patient. Our goal is to actively listen and ask questions that will help us determine the right palliative care needed.
- Offer impartial guidance on finding the right palliative support and care that match your needs.
- Inform you about all available options and help you consider the financial cost.
- Arrange and accompany you to visit palliative care providers and provide guidance in your consideration of their suitability.
- Help you navigate the aged care system. We will help you to figure out what steps you need to take and what forms or applications are necessary.
- Assist in managing the transition to palliative care.
- Support and assistance during all phases of palliative care.